Today we’ll have Damion Lee at the podium. Submit questions below.
Yesterday we had Mychal Mulder. A native of Ebicoke (bear Toronto), Ontario, Canada, he said he felt his country has handled the pandemic well:
He also gave us our daily fix for Klay Thompson updates, as Steve Kerr did not speak as he is only on the podium every other day.
Mulder said Klay did not scrimmage (again), but after the call was done, SF Chronicle beatwriter Connor Letourneau found out that Mulder was misinformed or, for whatever reason, just left out the fact that Klay did participate in what was described as a “controlled” scrimmage.
Later, the Warriors released some footage of Klay on the court. We posted snippets on our Instagram Reels.
We also made a compilation of on-court views so far from the first week of the “Dubble”:
Mulder, who has a non-guaranteed contract heading into 2021, was then asked if he felt like every day was an audition to make the squad.
“That’s an attitude I've brought to the court every day since I've been a professional,” Mulder said:
Mulder had a prior engagement to get to before we could ask our fun questions of if he’s talked to Klay yet about the fact that Mulder is named after Klay’s dad Mychal Thompson, and of Mulder has ever visited Drake’s mansion where they have a private gym and run a secretive men’s rec league.
That will have to wait until training camp, assuming he’s still a Warrior by then. Keep in mind, Mulder is one of three — Ky Bowman and Juan Toscano-Anderson are the other two —very team-friendly, relatively inexpensive non-guaranteed contracts that GM Bob Myers could throw in any package.
As for today, as mentioned, we’ll have Damion Lee at 1:00PM. Hopefully we can still ask some questions about Stephen Curry while tip-toeing around the fact that they are brothers-in-law (for whatever reason I’m unable to easily search for the HD version of this, sorry):
After all, he’s one of the few people on the planet who’s actually seen Steph up close during the pandemic. Here’s one of the videos of Curry, Lee, Stanford women’s phenom Cameron Brink and trainer Brandon Payne working out in the city of Woodside, near Steph’s home in Atherton (we also have more on our Curry workout playlist):
Don’t forget, subscribers on here get free access to our private Discord server, where we’ll be posting tidbits and people will chime in. I’ve been copying/pasting the quotes as they happen here and on the server. Non-subscribers need to ask for an invite. And thanks for watching all the YouTube videos! We will go live at https://youtube.com/letsgowarriors and Kerr will probably go first.
Btw we are now streaming Deni Avdija on https://youtube.com/letsgowarriors
Another reminder to vote as he leaves, and to stay safe. (Helluva guy! High character as you all know)
- encourages the vote
- "this isn't alment, thus us a movement"
- asked about KD: HOFer
- bubble: "only child used to quiet time, how genuine ppl are at GSW mgmt, guest speakers, as people, "checking on guys' mentals"
- Brian Stevenson of Just Mercy spoke for an hour
- bubble good towards eventual game shape 5-on-5
- on Steph, I asked him if noticed up close if Curry gained a little weight per Brandon Payne on the Haberstroh podcast, said the workout with him was awhile back
- told Kerr said he's become part of team's soul, Damion said that he just embodies the organization, always has a smile on his face
Damion now on, encourages the vote.
Kerr livestream is up see https://youtube.com/letsgowarriors
(I decided it was better to just crazily type notes then copy here)
- No Draymond: very quiet guys
- Scrimmage 2p tomorrow Chase but no Klay or Pascha
- on pandemic, social justice and presidential race: "didn't think this was fathomable", "bizarre", Brian Stevenson (sp?) addressed team
- Doc Rivers voice is so crucial
- Damion Lee became part of our soul
- Draft stuff, helped interview a prospect yesterday
Presidential debate "embarrassing", turned off after 45 minutes
Started early! Kerr says Klay looked great, had a pull up 3 from 30 feet, that one footed dunk you saw on our IG and a two footed dunk too