Warriors-Thunder pregame: Stephen Curry “amazing” atop of each scouting report; Wiseman surgery tomorrow in LA
More on “special bond” of Steph & Draymond
Here are notes & quotes from Warriors-Thunder pregame with Steve Kerr and Mark Daigneault, who was supposed to go first as the home head coach, but there was a long delay and so Kerr’s media availability actually finished before OKC’s.
The first video atop this article is clickable and has praise from Daigneault on Stephen Curry, how “amazing” he is because he’s producing these great performances even though he’s at the top of everyone’s scouting report. There’s also good stuff on Draymond Green, as well.
The second video is on James Wiseman having surgery tomorrow in Los Angeles and Kelly Oubre being day-to-day, although he’ll miss tomorrow’s game in Cleveland:
We also got a hold of Steph pregame in OKC (and Andrew Wiggins and Damion Lee):
Be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel so you don’t miss any of the latest and greatest. I often do not have the extra time to mention every single video on this website.
- Wiseman? “Idk what’s been made public…he’s in LA and will have surgery tomorrow and we won’t know the extent of what we’re looking at until after the surgery.”
- Wiseman headspace: “he puts on a brave face. We saw him yesterday at practice…putting on a brave face for sure…this isn’t supposed to happen so early in your career.”
- Oubre? “Day to day…Out tonight, doubtful tomorrow. We’re very hopeful that he’ll be back later in the road trip.”
- did you see Steph x Dray having wine? “I didn’t see it (heard about it though).”
- Steph and Dray: “They have a bond…seamlessly connect with one another…they have a special bond off the floor as well…they’ve been through so much together lever the years…and at Joe’s expense.”
- have a read on your team? “Probably not. There’s a reason why we still haven’t won three games in a row…I still believe that (they will go on a run)…I thought we showed a connection together at both ends (vs DEN)…force and mindfulness…I like where we’re heading.”
“Pretty random thing” (injury?)
- Dort: “I don’t think it happened during the game…maintenance thing.” (Dort, Gilgeous-Alexander, Muscala, Pokusevski, Deck are out; Josh Hall is questionable, per latest NBA injury report)
- TV (?): a lot of talk about Jazz game, How do you look to corral Steph? “Amazing he’s doing what he’s doing when you know he’s the top of every scouting report…solely focused on him and yet he’s doing what he’s doing…unbelievable amount of engagement…motor…make one mistake, he’s ready to burn you and he’s willing to exert the energy physically to do that…pick him up high and…early…and you gotta tag him.”
vs Draymond: “with guys like you’re not gonna show them anything they haven’t seen…you’re really not gonna, like, trick them…commit to it (game plan) with great discipline knowing you’re not gonna take everything away…slippery slope…choose a couple priorities…take away a couple things…against Utah…took away enough that they weren’t able to get loose for 120 points…similar against an opponent like Golden State.”
Offensive rebounding especially without Wiseman: “it’s all a symptom of good offense…it’s because you’ve broken the defense down…and forced them into rotation…against good defensive teams like Utah and Golden State…”