Warriors-Blazers pregame: Oubre out after “scary” fall from dunk at practice; Bazemore starts
Also Stotts on Carmelo and Anfernee
Here are notes & quotes from the Terry Stotts and Steve Kerr pregame Zoom calls before Warriors vs Blazers in Portland. More videos coming, but the first one that you can click above has all the details of the injury from Kerr. Please support us by visiting the YouTube channel when you can.
This is a free article which means I’ve left out some annotations I usually do in the subscription versions. Right after the Stotts pregame Warriors PR texted all their beatwriters to say is out for tonight. No word yet on tomorrow.
- POR All-Stars, game plan without Oubre: “Robert (Covington) HBCUs…I’m excited for (Anfernee Simons)…great athlete.”
- Anfernee dunks in practice: “there’s a practice in Dallas a couple years ago…I have seen him do a couple practice dunks in preparation for the Dunk Contest.”
- Carmelo: “Melo got on a roll and he’s done that a few times this year…pull up threes, he found a way to score…great influence on young guys…most of the players on the team grew up admiring.”
- Oubre out tomorrow?: “No he’s just out tonight and we’ll see tomorrow, but we scrimmaged yesterday and he went in for a dunk…tried to hang…slipped…landed hurt both elbows…scary.”
- MRI? “Idk”
- miss the most of Oubre: “athleticism, his defense.”
- Oubre: “Dunked and his legs swung forward…tried to brace himself with his elbows…doesn’t appear to be any bad damage, he’s more sore than anything.”
- lineup? “We’ll start Bazemore.”
- Nico valuable minutes: “He needed to play, more than anything and so did Jordan…only way to develop is by playing…they both made really good strides.”
- how to tell players going to G League : “what I told you, that they need to play…the extent of their development comes from a few minutes late in games (and 3-on-3 after practice)…nothing like real action.”
- Portland: “They shoot the three very well and Kanter…physical (on the glass).”
- Poole/Nico minutes? “They could. We’ll see how the game goes.”